Hello Year 13 retakers,
You can borrow an Othello /Much Ado text from Mrs Morgan in the English Office. Please make sure you return it after Easter. Please complete the follow six steps before the end of this week. I hopefully will be back at some point to offer help.
1. Print out your Unit 2 Explorative Study from last year.
2. Print out the self-assment sheet (see link below) and go through your essay to see where you need to improve.
3. Print out retake essay titles (see link below)
4. Start by making sure you will get full marks for AO4 context – see advice at bottom of the self-assesment guidance sheet. Research and note down quotes from historical /critical sources.
5. Ensure you will get full marks for AO2 – ensure you have included genre/structure/language notes in your essay planning
6. Try and get a skeleton plan done before the end of the week so I can have a look at it. It should feature a comparison in every paragraph (the Much Ado component can be secondary rather than an equal comparison).Use a topic sentence to focus on the question and move the argument forward as well as draw the comparison.