- What probably happened to Winston’s mum and dad?
- Winston seems to dream the landscape so often that he has named the place. What is the name?
- What does the girl with dark hair do in Winston’s dream?
- Why does Winston not have pajamas?
- What does Winston do between 7:30 and 7:40 in the morning?
- What is the Party slogan?
- In Newspeak, they call it “doublethink.” In Oldspeak it would be called _________________.
- In Newspeak, they call it “Ingsoc.” What is it called in Oldspeak?
- What had Winston held in his hands once?
vocab: palimpsest: a type of paper from which writing has been partially or completely erased to make room for
- Explain the function of the memory holes?
- The official word is rectify, but what word would Winston Smith use?
- Why was it necessary to rewrite a paragraph of the speech of BB (Big Brother)?
- What is Ampleforth’s job in the Ministry of Truth?
- List at least three different jobs that the Records Department did.
- What kind of information did the Ministry of Truth provide the proletariat?
- Why does Winston have to change BB’s speech about the FFCC and Withers?
- Explain Comrade Ogilvy.