Once you have read Of Mice and Men please post a 200 -250 word review.
You may be interested in reading some literary criticism on the novel before you write your comment (you can cite this in your own review to avoid passing off other people’s comments as your own 🙂 try sparknotes/ bbc bitesize/ shmoop/ clifffnotes.
Your comment should be:
- Full of opinion / passionate analysis – avoid making bland comments.
- Don’t include a plot summary (you would if it was a real review but I’m more interested in what you think it is about and how you feel about it)
- Keep it focused on what you thought it was about (e.g ‘this is a novel about the terrible consequences for those suffering from a learning disability at a time when…..’) and what your opinion is (e.g ‘whilst the world of the ranch is not one that I found easy to relate to, the fierce loyalty shown by George to Lennie was a trait that I could identify with and was probably for me the most inspiring aspect of the novel)
- Be specific in your comments (e.g The most moving moment for me is when ….because….)
- Paragraph effectively / use vocabulary precisely and powerfully/ punctuate accurately.
- You can use your first name or a pen name (but use your school email when you post so I know who has completed the work)
Good luck – I am looking forward to reading your responses.